JB Communications Group
Strategy • Branding • Marketing
Advertising • Digital • Print • Social
Seasoned professionals brought in as needed, bringing you cost-effective expertise
Just who is this Jackie Brown?
Strengths (from Gallup)
- Marketing Project Management
- Creative Direction
- Print and Digital Design
- Media Buying
- Vendor Management
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Quickly assessing situations
- Prioritizing workflows and tasks to meet shifting deadlines
- Creating well-balanced, elegant designs
- Matching other’s talents to the right projects
- Finding the best solutions for appropriate budgets
- Deciphering compliance officers’ lingo
- A round of golf – especially with my husband and dad
- Getting my hands down in my flower beds
- Exploring this big, wide, beautiful world
- Heck, just sitting on the deck on a pretty day with a drink of choice watching my two horses graze
Hi, I'm Jackie!
Always curious, positive, and looking for ways to serve.
I began my marketing and advertising career as a graphic designer, spending the first 10 years working in small marketing agencies and large corporations such as Xerox, Sony Music, and Service Merchandise (anyone remember that retailer?).
I then stumbled into the credit union movement when hired on to start up Redstone Federal Credit Union’s Creative Services Group. The ‘people helping people’ philosophy resonated with my natural tendency to serve others, and I spent eight years honing my marketing and management skills there.
RFCU is Alabama’s largest credit union and one of the top 30 in the United States which offered plenty of opportunities to learn, explore, and discover effective strategies and methods to grow and engage the membership.
Some of the more prominent projects I completed while at Redstone Federal Credit Union:
- led a rebranding campaign including development of a new visual and voice style, then rolling it out to employees, members, and the general public
- produced the credit union’s marketing and advertising assets, including magazine, brochures, logos, posters, television & radio commercials and special event materials
- worked with a national web development firm to completely overhaul the credit union’s website; developing the site’s strategy, overseeing the design and development, writing content and coordinating the project to a successful launch and implementation
- began the Facebook and Twitter activities for the credit union, developing the strategy and creating the voice
I moved back to the agency side for a while to expand my experiences and spent some time as the client liaison. This role was key in honing my listening and learning skills. But I really wanted to take these skills back into the financial industry!
JB Communications Group became my vehicle to make strategic marketing and advertising accessible for credit unions and community banks.
For more than six years, I’ve been blessed to work with marketing vice presidents to get their messages heard through effective marketing communications and advertising. My curiosity is insatiable, so count on me to ask lots of questions as I learn your organization, membership base or clientele, and your goals. Then together we’ll create a plan to meet or exceed those goals!
My goal is to reduce your stress, get you more confident in your marketing efforts and ultimately, to make you look good to your boss and your board of directors.
This drive to serve others goes beyond helping clients – I enjoy using my talents and skills to serve those who serve the community. I sit on the Board of Directors for The Arc of Madison County and volunteer for many other organizations such as Meals on Wheels.